CGMA cares about baby CG shipmates too!
CGMA provides a timely and useful package to families who are expecting or adopting an infant. The Layette Program supplies a tangible "Welcome to the CG Family" package:
- Layette contents are valued at over $75 retail
- Layette package includes baby supplies, receiving blanket, pajamas, fitted crib sheets, as well as educational/health information from March of Dimes
- In the case of multiple births, one layette is available per child
Recent updates to the program to increase flexibility and usefulness to our clients:
- Eligibility for the Layette Program expanded to include all eligible CGMA clients
- Clients may request a layette three months BEFORE the due date or six months following the birth of the child or children.
- Parents are encouraged to apply early, so they have plenty of time to read the educational brochures and their little ones don't outgrow the clothing.
CG active duty personnel may attend an Air Force Aid Society's (AFAS) "Bundles for Babies" class or a Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society's (NMCRS) "Budget for Babies" class. Attendees will receive a complimentary layette following the class.
Please note, clients may only receive layettes from one source, including CGMA.
So far this year, CGMA has surpassed the 2011 totals for layette distribution. Thank you for your part in informing your shipmates and co-workers.
Additional information can be found under Chapter 3-C-8 of the CGMA Manual.
You give valuable time to assist CGMA clients and it is much appreciated!
Please let CGMA-HQ know (703) 875-0404 or toll free (800) 881-2462 or
if there is any way we can support your efforts as you serve your shipmates through CGMA.